Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh. . . No Nasty Chemicals, I Get It!


This is my first product review and I was pretty excited to open the package from the Eco Store that arrived on a Friday. I wasn't sure what product I was gonna get to try but I had ample reason to wanna make it work. My mother is coming to visit in exactly 14 days and there are places where cleaning needs to be inspired. Looking at the tile around my bathtub inspired me.

I have come really slowly to the ideas of green living. I had thought we would have conquered another planet before we had actually used up all of the resources here on Earth. I kinda recycle and the only reason I do it kinda is because my sweet kids want me to.

Preconceived notions filled my head while looking at the careful organic packaging. It's going to be safe to use around the kids. I'll feel better about using natural products. It will or it won't clean better than my soft scrub. Eco Store sent me a bottle of Naturally Antibacterial Spray Cleaner. I thought how cool it will be to spray my counters with natural cleaner and then be able to fix a sandwich right where I had just cleaned. I wouldn't have to worry that I was ingesting chemicals from the spray. As I got busy in the kitchen with the Spray cleaner, I noticed that it all smelled lovely and natural. But, that was just the beginning. . .

The tile above my bathtub was going to be a great test. Especially when one of the products the company sent me was Lemon Cream Cleanser which happens to be plant based. The tile wasn't overly nasty, but there was a slight difference between the shine coming from around the tub and the shine around the room tile. I started with just a washcloth, which was not a good choice. I had to work harder to scrub, but the lemon smell was wonderfully aromatic and relaxing. Who is feeling relaxed while scrubbing the bathroom? I was. I managed to figure out that this job called for scouring pads. The cream cleanser foamed a lot more and I was able to use much less than I would if I was on the soft scrub.

The aha moment for me was when I had realized that I enjoyed cleaning with the Eco Store brands mostly because my eyes weren't burning and I didn't have bleach burning the walls of my nostrils. Oh, I get it! Enjoying the cleaning process had never occurred to me until now.

Visit
www.ecostoreusa.com to purchase plant and mineral based Household Cleaning, Baby and Personal Care products that contain No Nasty Chemicals(tm). Sign up for the Eco Store Newsletter which can be found on their blog.

Enter to Win a $25 dollar Gift Certificate to use on Eco Store products by leaving a comment about this article. Leave your full name and email address and the winner will be notified by August 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment